When performing a Keratin service, stand alone treatment is done prior to service.
- Mix 1/2oz (15ml) No.1 and 3oz (90ml) water in a non spraying applicator bottle.
- Take client to shampoo bowl and saturate thoroughly and leave on for a minimum of 5 minutes. **We generally recommend dry hair to see saturation. If a client has product buildup such as oil or silicone, it is best to shampoo first and apply to damp, towel dried hair.
- Without rinsing, apply No.2 generously and comb through. Process for a minimum of 10-20mins.
- Rinse and clarify per keratin treatment instructions 1-7 times.
- Apply keratin and proceed as normal.
Keratin treatments seal or laminate the hair. If doing a treatment after or using No.3, it is best to wait a minimum of 2-3 weeks. This gives the keratin treatment time to dissipate so that Olaplex may penetrate and be effective.