Resource Library

Go Back

Heat Reaction to Bleach

Reactions such as this have been happening for years, well before Olaplex. This is a chemical reaction between lightener and metallics, minerals, well water, chlorine, medication or copper piping buildup on the hair. This is not related to Olaplex. This type of reaction will occur with or without Olaplex. Olaplex WILL NOT prevent damage from this type of reaction so it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to rinse if this ever occurs. This can be prevented by doing a hard water or clarifying treatment.

**You could have two clients using well water and one may have a reaction and the other may not. It takes just the right amount of mineral buildup to have this type of reaction. Some may never experience this. As stylists, this is just something we must be aware of.